Written by Luc Gesell
With tales from the trail, arresting images, and helpful instruction, this wild guide reveals what calls people to camp: under all the gear, it’s as much about living off the grid as it is about the thrill of staying alive. Whether you love car camping with kids, rock climbing with friends, or roughing it solo in a lean-to, you’ll find there’s always somewhere new to explore—even if it's just in your backyard.
Inside you'll find:
• Interviews with expert campers, adventurers, basecampers, and alpinists
• Hundreds of captivating photographs of sites and set-ups around the world
• How-tos that cover choosing a tent, building a fire, making coffee, and more
We make every effort to ensure orders are fulfilled and ready for shipment within 2-3 business days. No orders are shipped on Saturday & Sunday.
Unless noted on a product's page, orders will ship in the order they were received. We will notify you via email as soon as your order is ready for shipment. Digital Products (Guides and Gift Cards) are available for immediate download or will be emailed to you.
Standard delivery times:
U.S. orders: 2-5 business days.
Orders to Canada: 5-9 business days.
Other international orders: 10-15 business days.
FedEx Standard Overnight:
- Orders are delivered in 1 business day after fulfillment.
- Orders placed Monday - Friday after 12pm Eastern Time will likely ship the following business day.
Orders that are shipped and tracked with USPS: USPS does not make any guarantees on shipping times. Read our shipping policy for full details.