5% of purchases are donated to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on our nation’s best idea.
A STEP BACKWARDS
The covers are printed on a variety of colored 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-color process that started with under-printing white ink. This allowed us to incorporate the color of the paper into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and the copper staples recall the heritage, and archival promotional materials and publications, of the National Park System.
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
These Field Notes are a tribute to places in the U.S.A. that can only truly be appreciated in person. Please visit, enjoy, and support our National Parks. We hope when you visit your favorite national park, you’ll bring along your new favorite memo book, get it stamped, and tag us in your photos.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
03. Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
04. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
06. Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
Orders are currently fulfilled and ready for shipment within 2-3 business days. No orders are shipped on Saturday & Sunday.
Passes will ship in the order they were received. We will notify you via email as soon as your order is ready for shipment.
Standard delivery times:
U.S. orders: 2-5 business days.
Orders to Canada: 5-9 business days.
Other international orders: 10-15 business days.
FedEx Standard Overnight:
- Orders are delivered in 1 business day after fulfillment.
- Orders placed Monday - Friday after 12pm Eastern Time will likely ship the following business day.
Orders that are shipped and tracked with USPS: USPS does not make any guarantees on shipping times. Read our shipping policy for full details.